Why Choose Us
If you have a severe problem with your vision that other eye doctors are having difficulty figuring out you may need a neuro-ophthalmologist. Neuro-ophthalmologists are the medical detectives of neurology and ophthalmology. They see the cases that other doctors cannot figure out. There are only three in North Texas and only a few throughout the state. Dr. McHenry takes on the toughest of these cases. Dr. McHenry is consulted by internists, physiatrists, oncologists, neurologists, neurosurgeons, otolaryngologists, rheumatologists and endocrinologists as well as optometrists, ophthalmologists and other neuro-ophthalmologists for help on their patients.
Dr. McHenry is the only interventional neuro-ophthalmologist in North Texas. An interventional neuro-ophthalmologist brings all modalities of therapy to bear on your problem. An interventional neuro-ophthalmologist is concerned with both helping the bad eye and with preventing the good eye from going bad. Dr. McHenry sees patient from all over North, East and West Texas as well as the Hill country, the Valley, the Panhandle, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Louisiana and Mississippi and consults on rare and complicated eye conditions across the country.
Dr. McHenry is also an oculoplastic and orbital surgeon and has extensive experience in strabismus surgery. Prior to leaving UT Southwestern, where he was Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, he was the Lead Physician at Parkland Memorial Hospital and was the Director of the Oculoplastic Service. He ran the Fellowship in Neuro-ophthalmology and Orbital surgery, teaching the next generation of ophthalmologists to become outstanding physicians and surgeons.
In addition to Neuro-Ophthalmology, Dr. McHenry 20 years of training and experience in:
- Oculoplastics. Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgical procedures for the eyes, lids, upper face and tear ducts.
- Orbital Surgery. Cosmetic, Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery on the soft and bone tissues of the eye socket and lacrimal gland.
- Neuro-Ophthalmic Surgery. Surgery on the optic nerve and sheath for tumors and pseudotumor.
- Strabismus or Double Vision. Complete Medical and Surgical management with the goal of single binocular vision for distance and reading.
Our office is affiliated with the following hospitals:
- Pine Creek Medical Center